Work With Us
These are the positions Dell'Arte is currently hiring for, to apply please contact email@example.com.
Dell’Arte International is seeking a highly organized, team-minded, dedicated person to skillfully manage the organization through its next phase. As one of a handful of rural professional ensemble theatres in the United States, Dell’Arte is internationally recognized for its unique contribution to American theatre for its non-urban point-of-view and has 49 years of experience in ensemble practice, pushing the boundaries of physical theatre forms in professional productions, and actor-training programs.
Dell'Arte houses the first accredited MFA program in "Ensemble Based Physical Theatre" in the western hemisphere and has over 1000 alumni from over 41 countries. Dell’Arte is committed to enriching its educational environment and its culture through the diversity of its staff, faculty, students, and administration. Persons with interest and experience in helping organizations set and achieve goals relative to diversity and inclusion are especially encouraged to apply.
Dell’Arte resides on the ancestral homelands of the Wiyot people, near the Baduwat River (aka Mad River) in Blue Lake, California. The job scope of the Managing Director position is multifaceted and that person is responsible for ensuring the success of Dell’Arte’s mission, vision and values through detailed financial and administrative oversight and fostering transformational leadership amongst Dell’Arte’s artist-administrators and staff. The Managing Director reports directly to Dell’Arte’s Board of Directors which is also the hiring and performance evaluation authority for this position.
• Financial Management & Oversight
- facilitating effective communication amongst staff, faculty, volunteers, and board members regarding organizational decisions, policies, and strategies.
- conscientious and confidential handling of HR issues
• Institutional (Grants) & Individual Fundraising/Prospecting
• Community & Public Relations Representative
• Evidence and/or track record of effective supervision of administrative staff
• Evidence of successful record of and commitment to promoting diversity and gender equality and engaging diverse leaders, organizations and the community at large
• Experience as a spokesperson and organizational representative for soliciting financial support, establishing and maintaining relationships with community partners and key individual donors
• Experience in grant writing and management
• Strong comprehension of financial strategy and accounting principles
• Possess a strong attention to detail; excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills; highly organized and creative; able to prioritize and execute multiple tasks; experience working in a fast-paced environment; and ability to work well under pressure
• MA, MS, MBA, or a Graduate Level Education in a related field of study to the Arts or Non-Profit Sector and/or a professional equivalent (8 years of experience in the related fields)
• Experience working in Development and Public Relations; a track record of successful and strategic fundraising in a non-profit
• Working knowledge of non-profit governance & operational compliance and accreditation
If you meet the minimum requirements, or possess the preferred experience along with a sincere drive and appetite to work in an artist-led organization, we strongly encourage you to apply. We can provide on-the-job training for the rest.
The deadline to apply for this position is January 2nd, 2020. There will be two rounds of review for applications; the first review deadline is on December 19th, 2019 and the second review will be on January 3rd, 2020. Applicants are encouraged to apply early; the hire-by date is set to be as soon as is reasonably possible.
View the Managing Director Full Job Description. To apply please submit an application through our online application form. If you have problems using this form, you may request a pdf format by contacting Jo Pritchett at (707) 668-5663 ext. 130 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org