Work With Us
Job Title: Operations Manager
Location: 131 H St. Blue Lake, CA 95525
Supervisor: Board | Leadership Council
Supervises: Bookkeeper, Administrative, & General Operations Staff
Status: Nonexempt | Full Time
Compensation: $55,000 - $65,000 annually, depending on experience
Benefits: Insurance (Health, Dental, Vision), PTO, Paid Holidays
Start Date: June 1, 2023
SUMMARY: Dell'Arte International is a Post-Secondary Institution of Professional (vocational) Ensemble-based Physical Theatre training, research, and innovation. The training institute is partnered closely with the Dell’Arte Company, the professional resident ensemble company that produces at least two feature shows per season, to provide enriching opportunities for professional development to its students, alumni, resident artists, teaching staff, and community. Located on the unceded ancestral homelands of the Wiyot Tribe, Dell’Arte is dedicated to being a theatre of place, which seeks to develop the theatre’s actor-creators of today by providing physical, collaborative, and culturally relevant/responsive creative models and practices of theatre-making. We are a place of research and ferocious play, centering on anti-racist practices in all that we teach and create.
The Operations Manager (OM) manages the overall operations of Dell’Arte as a center for training, production, and community engagement. The OM is also responsible for effective financial month-over-month management. The OM reports and works closely with each Dell’Arte Department Head to facilitate integrated and functional operations as a whole.
An ideal candidate has a track record of working with theater or arts nonprofit companies, nonprofit organizations, and/or experience in successful grant writing and development. This position begins with a 9-month probationary period.
- Maintain consistent execution and management of the weekly financial/business procedures.
- Learn and understand the organization's standard operating procedures, maintain and update the operation manual as appropriate, and provide helpful guidance and analysis in areas of operations in consultation with staff, leadership, and board.
- Maintain high quality standards for interpersonal relationships and communication.
- Timely and smooth handling of HR onboarding procedures and execution of bi-weekly payroll.
- Responsible for on-time filing of EDD, Workers Comp, Insurance, Corp. Taxes, and Business Licenses or Permits on behalf of organization.
- Effectively partnering with the Leadership Council to produce Board Packets (responsible for directly providing finance and operations reports).
- Establishing excellent communication and organization with regard to scheduling and facilitating all board and board committee meetings.
Categories of Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- General Operations
- HR and Personnel
- Finance/Business Administration
- Grant Management & Administration
Click here for the full job description
Please submit a cover letter noting your interest and motivation, a resume, and three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application materials due by May 1, 2023.
Questions can be sent by email or by phone: (707) 668-5663
DAI is committed to enriching its educational environment and its culture through the diversity of its staff, faculty, and administration. Persons with interest and experience in helping organizations set and achieve goals relative to diversity and inclusion are especially encouraged to apply.