• Submit online Application Information Form
• A Statement of Purpose (Why Dell’Arte, and why now? To what end do you hope to apply your training? )
• 3 Letters of Recommendation
• Resume and Current Photo
• $35 Application Fee payable here
• Video or In-Person Audition: One piece of theatre: your life story in 5 minutes. It should include 2 contrasting monologues (one in heightened/poetic language if possible), a song, and dynamic movement. Upload to vimeo or youtube and send the link. Please title the video with your name and “audition” – do not include Dell’Arte’s name in the title.
• Financial Plan: foreign nationals only – a simple statement outlining your plans for paying for the program and costs of living
• MFA ONLY: official copies of academic transcripts
• MFA ONLY: some applicants will be invited to the school for an in-person callback
Please direct any questions to our Director of Admissions, Matt Chapman, at email@example.com.
International students who are applying for the PTP and MFA programs and who do not possess a U.S. citizenship: please be aware that admission can happen no later than July 20th, as the process to obtain the form I-20 and Non-Immigrant F-1/M-1 Status Student Visa takes, at minimum, two weeks to process and the school operates under limited business hours in the month of August.
A note on the relationship between the PTP and the MFA:
The PTP is the flagship program of the school; it’s what most students in the school’s 40-year history have come to attend at Dell’Arte. With the addition of the MFA program in 2004, students have had the opportunity to continue the training for additional years. Some MFA students begin their training as MFA students; others begin as PTP students. PTP graduates are eligible to apply for matriculation into the second year of the MFA program at any time.